Letting go is hard. Be it letting go of your children's baby clothes, or the clothing of someone you've loved and lost. It's sometimes surprising how many memories they hold. Kokobaru custom memory and memorial quilts are a special way to re-purposed those special items of clothing into a functional keepsake.
How it works
1. You contact me! Initial consultation: choose size, layout option, discuss possible customizations
2. I require a $250 non-refundable retainer before I begin work/to secure your spot on the waiting list. After this is paid you send me your items (as many or as few as you'd like depending on layout choice)*
3. I work my magic (I give myself 12-16 weeks from beginning the quilt to complete it...2 small children in the house make work time somewhat unpredictable)..
4. Your quilt comes home to you. **
5. You love your special keepsake for years to come.
An amazing gift. They make especially thoughtful baby gifts and gifts for those going through a tough time. A mish-mash of fabrics from the recipients family and friends are brought together into a special Quilt of Love.
How it works:
1. You contact friends and family of recipient and ask them to send you a piece of fabric for the Quilt of Love (it can be something from an old item of their clothing, or a fabric they've picked out that makes them think of the person, etc). I recommend having them send you an explanation as well.
2. You contact me and we hatch a crafty plan for this amazing surprise gift.
3. I require a $250 non-refundable retainer before I begin work/to secure your spot on the waiting list. After this is paid you send me your items with explanations/letters from original donors paper clipped/attached to each piece (as many or as few as you'd like depending on layout choice)*
4. I work my magic (I give myself up to 6 months from beginning the quilt to complete it...2 small children in the house make work time somewhat unpredictable at times)
5. Your quilt comes home to you**, with a hand drawn chart of who contributed which piece and an accompanying package with all notes put together.
6. You give the Quilt of Love to someone special and they feel very special and loved.
"I cannot think of a more special gift to give someone! I was lucky enough to receive a 'love quilt' as a gift after my daughter was born. Each piece of fabric has a story or special meaning behind it. Every time I wrap my baby up in the quilt, I feel like I am wrapping her up in love sent from my family and friends who contributed to the quilt. I will treasure my quilt forever." Lesley B.